Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Favorite Time of the School Year




Hello my friends! Happy Easter and all that! I have to say April is probably my favorite month of the school year art wise. Unfortunately this year I've been annoyingly sick but I still got to enjoy some of the main activities I've looked forward to all year. First, was my school's annual
Chalk Festival!

Me and my friend Michael working on our chalk drawing.
 I've participated in my school's chalk fest for the last three years but this year instead of a group of four or five it was just me and my partner Michael working on a smaller piece than the last two years. We decided to draw a rendition of Bruce Mackay's motoGP artwork. Valentino Rossi is my family's personal favorite moto rider so I was really excited about drawing this. Basically chalk fest is a bunch of the art students (art 2- AP) form groups and set up in the quad for two days with towels, umbrellas, and chalk pastels to draw art pieces to auction off at the schools art show. 

 I love this event! It's so much fun and I didn't even get sun burnt this year...in the past I've turned purple...and the pictured turned out far better than I anticipated. I'm not quite sure how much it sold for but I was told that my photography teacher's girlfriend bought it. Yay!




ART SHOW!
The art show follows Chalk Fest later that night. The whole art department displays their work outside in the quad for the school to see. Photography, artwork from art 1-AP, Chalk drawings, and tape sculptures are displayed and some are also available for purchase. 
Some of my art work on display at my school art show.
Easter!!!
With being sick and all I was hopped up on meds (proscribed by my doctor don't worry) and kinda went a little over board on the egg decorating...super fun though so I didn't mind the lack of sleep. 








The best part about Easter though is getting to spend it with my kooky family. 








No comments:

Post a Comment